Justin I. Hale is a shareholder with White Arnold and Dowd. He earned his B.A. in History from Samford University and his J.D. from Cumberland School of Law, Samford University. During his time at Cumberland, Mr. Hale served as an Associate Editor of the American Journal of Trial Advocacy. He was also selected by the school’s faculty to participate in the Judge Abraham Caruthers Teaching Fellowship.
Mr. Hale’s litigation practice is primarily focused on the defense of personal injury, premises liability, product liability, transportation, and insurance coverage matters. Throughout his career, he has represented a diversified clientele of Fortune 500 companies in the retail, transportation, industrial, and insurance industries. He has successfully obtained summary judgments on behalf of his clients, as well as defense verdicts at trial.
Outside of work, Justin volunteers with the youth ministry at his family’s church, Oak Mountain Presbyterian Church, PCA. He enjoys exercising, playing guitar, reading and watching college football. Most of all, he enjoys spending time with his wife and three kids.
- Alabama State Bar
- Defense Research Institute ("DRI")
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association ("ADLA")
- Oak Mountain Presbyterian Church
- Alabama State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rating
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2016)
- Alabama Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2012-2015)
- “Weitzel v. State of Maryland: Turning Gray Into Black and White – The Evidentiary Analysis Approach to Pre-Arrest Silence,” American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Issue 29.2
- "Authentication and Admission of Social Media, Smart Phone and Email Evidence” and “Anticipating and Minimizing Hearsay Objections,” National Business Institute CLE, December 13, 2016.
- Dram Shop Litigation CLE, Cumberland Law Review, November 17, 2016.
- Co-Presenter, “Litigating Slip, Trip and Fall Cases in Alabama,” National Business Institute CLE, November 19, 2015.