Ms. Hennecy, a past president of the Alabama State Bar’s Elder Law Section, concentrates her practice on the administration of the estates of decedents and protected persons, elder law issues, assisting clients and their families with matters including advance directives, durable powers of attorney, wills, trusts, asset preservation, and Medicaid planning.
Ms. Hennecy received her B.A. in Graphic Design from Samford University in 1991 and her J.D. from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in 1997. Ms. Hennecy clerked with private firms, the District Attorney’s office and a criminal court judge. Immediately after law school, Ms. Hennecy directed the “Legal Counsel for the Elderly” program under Alabama’s Commission on Aging Title III program for a ten county region. As legal counsel to the elderly, she did extensive public speaking on elder law issues, traveling to nursing homes, assisted living facilities and senior citizen centers while maintaining a practice exclusively in elder law. Ms. Hennecy continues this practice in the private sector specializing in a full probate practice, including Medicaid planning, and all aspects of elder law. She handles the administration of decedent’s estates as well as estate planning including wills and trusts.
In her spare time, Ms. Hennecy has shown her work as an artist with paintings in several galleries and an active participation in regional art shows.
Prior to White Arnold & Dowd:
Ms. Hennecy was a partner in the firm of Summey & Hennecy, LLC, a probate practice firm that merged with White Arnold & Dowd P.C. in 2008.
Alabama Bar Association
- President, Elder Law Section (2000-2001)
- Secretary, Elder Law Section (1999-2000)
Birmingham Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Elder Law Committee (2016)
- Committee Member, Elder Law Committee (2014)
- NAELA – National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Legal Counsel, Elderly Program Director
- Elder Law Issues, Speaker
- Birmingham School of Law, Elder Law Instructor
- National Guardianship Association, Member
- Wills for Heroes Program, Participant
Alabama State Bar
- Member, Probate Section
- Member, Women’s Lawyer Section
- B-Metro Magazine, Top Lawyers (2016, 2017)
- B-Metro Magazine, Top Women Attorneys (2015, 2016)
- Birmingham Magazine, Top Attorneys (2014)
- "Insights into Aging in Alabama," Birmingham Business Journal, Table of Experts Series Panelist, September 25, 2015.
- "Insights into Elder Care," Birmingham Business Journal, Table of Experts Series Panelist, August 29, 2014.
- “Capacity Issues in Executing Estate Planning Documents,” CLE Presentation, Probate Section, Birmingham Bar Association, December 6, 2013.
- “Medicaid Eligibility: Basic Rules,” Alabama Elder Law 2015, December 11, 2015.