With over twenty-five years of experience representing individual and corporate clients in both civil and criminal litigation, Ms. Flippo focuses her practice on guiding clients through the complexities of discovery in criminal investigations and prosecutions, civil litigation, and administrative investigations and hearings. She has represented defendants in white collar criminal cases involving false claims and public corruption. She has also represented both plaintiffs and defendants in complex civil litigation, including state and federal class actions and mass torts, related to violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (“RICO”), products liability, environmental issues, and the healthcare industry.
Prior to White Arnold & Dowd:
Computer Sciences Corporation, Washington, D.C. (1984-1986)
Experience focused on contract to manage the enforcement docket for the Environmental Protection Agency
Law Clerk to the Honorable E.B. Haltom, Jr., United States District Court Judge, Northern District of Alabama (1989-1990)
- American Bar Association, Member
- Alabama State Bar, Member
- The Alabama Lawyer, Editorial Board (1995-Present)
- Addendum Newsletter, Contributor (1999-2003)
- Allied Professions, Task Force (2005-Present)
- Birmingham Bar Association, Computer & Technology, Entertainment, and Membership
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association, Member
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rating
- B-Metro Magazine, Top Lawyers (2016, 2017)
- B-Metro Magazine, Top Women Attorneys (2015, 2016)
- John H. Martin et al. v. Drummond Co., et al., Civil Action No. 91-143, AmSouth Bank v. Drummond Co., et al., Civil Action No. 01-3426, and Katherine Agee Durkee v. Drummond Co., Inc., et al., Civil Action No. 91-3134, Jefferson County, Alabama – Defended civil action involving thousands of individual plaintiffs claiming fraud related to tender offer. Responsible for reviewing, processing and production of plaintiff information and client records.
- Wilson v. State, 830 So. 2d 765 (Ala. Crim. App. 2001) – Appeal to the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals of a sentence of life without parole for a first offense of trafficking in the sale of morphine pursuant to the protections guaranteed by the Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution and Section 15 of the Constitution of the State of Alabama to be free from cruel and unusual punishment.
- In re Managed Care Litigation, MDL No. 00-1334, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida – Represented plaintiff in RICO class action involving physician reimbursement. Developed document control program for reviewing and coding millions of pages of discovery, trained discovery review teams, assisted in deposition preparation, worked with class representatives in responding to discovery, and responded to electronic discovery issues.
- Fannie Wayne, et al. v. Pharmacia Corporation, et al. and Consolidated Cases, Civil Action No. 05-1590, Jefferson County, Alabama – Defended group of cases involving over 3,500 individual plaintiffs asserting personal injury and/or property damage claims related to PCBs manufactured in Anniston, Alabama. Responsible for maintaining database of documents and data on individual plaintiffs.
- The Pantry, Inc. v. Costco Wholesale Corporation, et al., Civil Action No. 06-0491, United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama – Defended claims involving the Alabama Motor Fuel Marketing Act. Responsible for maintaining data on thousands of purchases of gasoline at various retailers.
- United States v. Roger W. Taylor, Criminal Action No. 09-48, United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama – Defended charges of bribery of public official. Responsible for the administrative management of the case and trial, for the production of records of client’s company, and the review and organization of records and information produced by government. Prepared pleadings and witnesses. Client was acquitted on all charges by jury.