Joining the firm in 2017, Mr. Lightner brings more than a decade of legal experience defending and counseling individuals and businesses in a wide variety of matters, ranging from commercial disputes to products liability, health care litigation, and personal injury matters. Most recently, Mr. Lightner worked for one of the South’s largest law firms, defending national financial institutions in mortgage and consumer finance disputes, and advising those entities to ensure compliance with state and federal statutes and regulations, including, among others, FDCPA, TILA, FCRA, TCPA, RESPA and state consumer finance laws. He also represents both plaintiffs and defendants in civil litigation matters in state and federal courts and represents individuals and corporate defendants in white collar criminal actions.
Prior to White Arnold & Dowd:
Mr. Lightner graduated with a degree in Economics from the University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee, before attending the University of Alabama School of Law, where he graduated with honors. At Alabama, Mr. Lightner served as a Senior Editor on the Journal of Legal Profession, which published his work on prisoners’ rights.
Mr. Lightner is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in both Alabama and Kentucky.
Outside of the office, Mr. Lightner enjoys coaching youth sports, reading, and traveling with his wife Courtney and their three young sons.
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Consumer Financial Services Committee
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- Kentucky State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Birmingham Magazine, Top Attorneys (2020)
- Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum, Class 14 (2018)