Born and raised in Dothan, Alabama, Mr. Shirley earned his Bachelor of Science in Finance from Auburn University, where he was a member of the University’s baseball team, and his law degree from Cumberland School of Law. While he was a student at Cumberland, Mr. Shirley was a member of the Cumberland National Trial Team as well as a member of the Cumberland Trial Advocacy Board. A member of the National Trial Team, he and his teammates won the 2017 National Civil Trial Competition in Los Angeles, CA. Mr. Shirley was twice selected to represent Cumberland in the Top Gun National Mock Trial Competition hosted by Baylor University, finishing as runner-up at the 2019 Top Gun competition. Additionally, he served as an Associate Editor for the Cumberland Law Review, which published his article, “Alabama’s Wrongful Death Act and The Unborn Plaintiff,” in 2019.
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University: Cumberland Law Review, Associate Editor; Cumberland National Trial Team (National Civil Trial Competition 2017, Winner; National Trial Competition Regionals 2018, Winner; National Trial Competition Nationals 2018; Top Gun National Mock Trial Competition 2018, highest placing 2L; Top Gun National Mock Trial Competition 2019, runner-up); Trial Advocacy Board; Judge Abraham Caruthers Fellow; Parham H. Williams Trial Competition, Winner.
- Auburn University: Auburn University Baseball Team Member