A Birmingham native, Mr. Neal joined White Arnold & Dowd in 2021 after practicing with a civil defense firm in Birmingham for over 5 years. Mr. Neal’s practice is primarily focused on civil litigation. He has experience representing businesses and individuals in a wide range of claims including contractual disputes, fraud, products liability, premises liability, outrage, commercial transportation, and workers’ compensation matters. Mr. Neal also has experience in defending individuals in criminal proceedings as the first 18 months of his career were spent as an attorney at the Jefferson County Public Defender’s Office.
Prior to White Arnold & Dowd:
Mr. Neal attended the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University. While in law school, he was a member of the National Trial Team and was one of four team members who won the National Civil Trial Competition in Los Angeles, California. Mr. Neal was also named to the Dean’s list, was a director on the Executive Trial Advocacy Board and was a 2014 recipient of the Nat Bryan American Board of Trial Advocates Award. While enrolled in law school, Mr. Neal also earned his Masters of Business Administration from the Brock School of Business at Samford University. Prior to attending law school, he graduated from the University of Alabama with a Bachelor of Science in Commerce and Business Administration.
Mr. Neal and his wife, Tiffany, are members of the Cathedral Church of the Advent. They love to spend time together with their daughter, Scottie, their son, Bridger, and their three dogs, Gus, Rooster, and Rye. Outside of the office, Mr. Neal enjoys hunting, traveling with his family and friends, and following the Alabama Crimson Tide.
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar , Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee (2018-present)
- Birmingham Bar Association , Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee (2017-present)
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Rotaract Club of Birmingham
- Membership Recruitment Committee
- Social Committee
- Leadership Development Program, Co-Chair (2017-2018)
- Alabama State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2017-present)
- Birmingham Business Journal, Rising Stars of Law (2018)