Mr. Seal joined White Arnold & Dowd P.C. in 2017. His practice primarily involves civil and complex litigation, representing individuals and corporate clients as plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of cases. Mr. Seal also represents clients in criminal investigations and prosecutions, state ethics matters, and governmental and regulatory affairs matters.
Prior to White Arnold & Dowd:
Mr. Seal earned his B.A. degree, cum laude, in Political Science at the University of Alabama. He earned his law degree from Cumberland School of Law, where he served as the Editor in Chief of the American Journal of Trial Advocacy, the nation’s oldest law review dedicated to the art of trial advocacy, and as a Judge Abraham Caruthers Teaching Fellow. A Merit Scholar, Mr. Seal was also a member of the Cumberland National Trial Team and received the Nat Bryan American Board of Trial Advocates Award. Mr. Seal continues to help coach Cumberland’s nationally-ranked Trial Team.
Mr. Seal was born in Montgomery, Alabama, and grew up in Ridgeland, Mississippi. He is married to Katherine Harding Seal of Jacksonville, Florida, and together they have one daughter and three dogs.
- Alabama State Bar
- Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee (2017-present)
- Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee (2018-2023)
- Bench and Bar Relations Task Force (2018-2021)
- Strategic Planning Task Force (2018-2020); Local Bar Subcommittee, Chair (2020)
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Scholarship Committee (2019-2022)
- Young Lawyers Section
- YMCA of Greater Birmingham
- Junior Board (2018-2022)
- Vice Chair, Junior Board (2020-2021)
- Chair, Junior Board Networking Committee (2019-2020)
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Rotaract Club of Birmingham
- Alabama State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Birmingham Bar Association Future Leaders Forum, Graduate (2021)
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University: American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Editor in Chief; Cumberland National Trial Team; Trial Advocacy Board, Director of the James O. Haley Federal Trial Competition; Nat Bryan American Board of Trial Advocates Award; Judge T. V. Pittman Scholarship; Judge Abraham Caruthers Fellow; Scholar of Merit Award for Pre-Trial Practice and Procedure
- University of Alabama: Graduate of the Honors College; Interfraternity Council Executive Vice President; Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity; Jason’s Senior Men’s Honorary; Order of Omega Honor Society
- United States v. Mathews: Does a Dog Sniff in Common Areas of Apartment Buildings Constitute a Search Subject to the Fourth Amendment? 39 Am. J. Trial Advoc. 397.