Mr. Waller is a shareholder in the firm’s Jacksonville, Florida office. His practice is devoted to representing individual and corporate clients in state and federal criminal investigations and prosecutions, state ethics matters, complex civil litigation, and governmental and regulatory affairs matters.
Mr. Waller earned his law degree from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, where he received the James O. Haley Trial Advocacy Scholarship and the Nat Bryan American Board of Trial Advocates Award, served as a Senior Associate Editor for the American Journal of Trial Advocacy, and was a member of the Cumberland National Trial Team. Prior to law school, Mr. Waller earned his B.A. degree in History at the University of Alabama.
Mr. Waller is admitted to practice in Alabama and Florida state courts, the United States District Courts for the Northern District of Alabama and the Middle District of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Alabama State Bar
- Elections, Ethics and Government Relations Section
- Federal Court Practice Section
- Young Lawyers Section
- Governmental Ethics Task Force (2016)
American Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division
- Section of Litigation
Birmingham Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section
- Bar Bulletin Committee (2017)
- Public Relations Committee (2016)
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Section
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University: American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Senior Associate Editor; Cumberland National Trial Team; James O. Haley Trial Advocacy Scholarship; Nat Bryan American Board of Trial Advocates Award; Trial Advocacy Board, Chief Judge; Order of Barristers; Omicron Delta Kappa
- University of Alabama: Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society; Phi Gamma Delta; Student Government Association, Senator for the College of Arts and Sciences
- “United States v. Clay: What Standard Should Be Applied When Reviewing Rule 404(b) Proper Purpose Determinations?” 36 Am. J. Trial Advoc. 351, Fall 2012.
- "Perils of Public Officials and Employees: Ethics Law Investigation From Start Through Appeal, Discovery Considerations and Concerns," co-author with Augusta S. Dowd of materials presented, Birmingham Bar Association CLE, Birmingham, February 17, 2017.
- “Authentication and Admission of Social Media, Smart Phone and Email Evidence” and “Anticipating and Minimizing Hearsay Objections,” “Advanced Civil Litigation Skills in Alabama,” National Business Institute CLE, Birmingham, December 13, 2016.